12.12.2008

Daddy's coming 'round...

to Momma's way of thinkin...

This picture does not do justice to the massive Wags haul I got today. Took me 3 trips and a trip to Meijer -but it was totally worth it...We're looking at 6 bottles of laundry detergent (that's 9 months worth), 9 boxes of aluminum foil, 1 Ped Egg, 1 package Ped Egg replacement blades, a mixer, 2 Jiffy cornbread mixes, 2 packages of pull-ups, 2 packages size 3 diapers and 3 boxes of Chex cereal (to make Chex Mix -yum!)

Grand total: 20.75 + I got 13 dollars in RR back - Whoopeee!!!! That's 1 Christmas present and 1 birthday present included in there folks...

The diapers alone at retail price were 42 bucks - come on now, that's a good deal! All those RRs from last weekends stocking stuffer haul totally came into play this weekend. Woohoo :) So - obviously, not everyone can do this deal because not everyone walks in to Wags with 28$ of register rewards - BUT - here's on ya'll could do and it was my cheapest transaction!

Buy 4 Arm & Hammer Laundry Detergents - they are regularly priced 5.99 at the TR store. Use the special IVC that's available to the 13th and knock them down to 1.99 each - use 4 of the 1.00 off coupons from armandhammer.com - this is a tricky one because you need two computers and two email addresses. Print off 4 of the coupons and slap 'em down. You'll pay .99+tax for each of the bottles (pay 4.32) AND then you'll get a $5 RR -good on your next purchase -so if you have to buy something for 5 bucks or more at Wags do the laundry soap first, and get it for free...I actually bought 4 of these bottles and a coloring book and paid .76 for the whole darn thing. She couldn't even use one of my coupons because then they'd owe me money. I'm going to see if I can drum up three more coupons around here at the Oaks and do this deal again - Laundry soap for 2009! So - yeah I've now got coffee, laundry detergent, shampoo, toothpaste, aluminum foil, cleaning supplies and kotex for next year. We'll be clean and hyper!

So - Clint finished my (starter) shelves in the basement for my hauls. Almost all of this stuff was dirt cheap or better yet - FREE. He has taken a while to come around to the whole stockpiling, couponing method of grocery shopping - in fact, quite a few times he's made note of the fact that "Honey - I can't eat KOTEX..." But he got real happy when I stockpiled him coffee and I think now that all of the supplies are organized on shelves, rather than in massive amounts of plastic grocery bags - he finally gets and LIKES what I'm doing. In fact - all this stuff is 3 months worth of collecting and I'm almost out of space...


No room on the shelves for the TP -

That's 54 boxes of FREE Jello...not a one did I pay for...no joke

Kotex anyone? -all the pantyliners were completely FREE...as well as 17 tubes of FREE toothpaste and my starter pile of Johnson's Buddy soap - all free as well...oh, wait - no - I pay .03 for each of them (tax)

And then there's the Glade. Don't get me started on the Glade. The Glade is embarrassing, but taught me a huge lesson - anyhoo - made about 30 bucks on the Glade, but it was a LOT of work and a HUGE mistake on the Glade people's part. Anyhoo - that's two totes full and underneath that blue tote is 20 bottles of the Aerosol Glade spray. Psycho - I know. I'm completely embarassed.

I am cracking myself up - this hobby is totally hilarious...

2 comments:

Christy Olson Inion said...

Oh my GOSH Amy! This is insane!!! LOL LOL I had no idea any of this was even possible! I wish we had a walgreen out here!

Amy said...

Totally possible! Just gotta get creative and brave!

 
Designed by Lena