Big step in the Young household happenin' this weekend. Grace is going to Ypsi to visit the cousins with Grandma Young this weekend.
All by herself.
The only other time she's been away for longer than an overnight (and those don't happen very often) is last year when I had Annie. She spent a couple nights with my folks and she did pretty well, I think. Hard to remember - I was a bit hyped on morphine for the first day...
She's very excited. She'll be gone from Saturday afternoon to Tuesday afternoon - that's a LONG time. I don't think she quite realizes that she's going to be wanting us at bedtimes, etc... she's just thinking about visiting her cousins and auntie, whom she dearly loves and thinking about the fact that she's a big girl now. Wow. Where did that time go?? I'm pretty sure she'll be okay. She's a fairly independent kiddo, but she does love her momma to snuggle with at night.
I'm not sure who this is going to be hardest on. Grace or Clint. He's a guy who likes to have the family about. I know I'll miss her, but have plans to maximize the opportunity and do some major Spring Clearing.
Yup - that's clearing, not cleaning, although cleaning is inevitable when you clear. But I'm feeling the urge. The urge to purge. A TON of stuff that we don't need/have room for/don't use. The new frugal way of thinking, living, etc...has got me in a minimalist mindset, not to mention all the incredibly organized moms out there that are providing me with inspiration! They say the state of your house is a reflection of your mindset. Well, let me throw car into that too and I'm living proof of this. I can think SO much better if everything is cleaned and organized and put away. And it will be easier to maintain that if we didn't have so much unnecessary stuff around, which in turn, should lead to having more organized thoughts and a clearer head. Always a plus for this random chica.
So, we'll see. Those are the plans anyway. I guess it depends on whether we get a midnight phone call on Saturday begging us to come and get the Gracie girl!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment